It’s not uncommon for people to think that moving to a small town is too dull for their tastes. But if you’re not considering retiring in Hope Mills, NC, you might want to reconsider. The city is known for its beautiful scenery and small-town charm, which make it ideal for retirees who want to live in a quiet neighborhood but still be close to the city. Here are five reasons why this small town is perfect for retirees:
Affordability – More Bang For Your Buck
The cost of living in Hope Mills is lower than most other cities in the US and even North Carolina. For instance, the average home price is $235,500 as of 2022. This means you can get more bang for your buck when buying a house or apartment!
This affordability also extends to other areas of life, including food and entertainment:
- A meal at an average restaurant costs just $14 on average in Hope Mills. If you don’t feel like going out? You can still enjoy some delicious grub at home for about half that amount (and even less if you cook yourself).
- The average movie ticket costs much less here than elsewhere; it’s only around $8!
A Very Low Crime Rate and Strong Community
A low crime rate and a strong community are two of the main benefits of retiring in Hope Mills, NC. The town’s crime rate is only 2,955 per 100,000 people, compared to the national average of 3,740.
The community is welcoming and friendly toward newcomers and established residents; this makes it easy for you to feel at home when you move here. The town’s diverse population contributes significantly to its inclusive nature; more than 50% of its residents speak English “less than very well,” which may make some people feel uncomfortable moving there if they do not speak Spanish or other languages spoken by many residents—but this shouldn’t be an issue if you don’t speak these languages either!
A Great Place To Be Active and Healthy
There are plenty of opportunities to stay active and healthy in Hope Mills. For example, the city’s parks and recreation system offers a variety of activities throughout the year that you can enjoy with your family or friends. These include:
- The Hope Mills Golf Club, which hosts more than 20 tournaments each year
- The fitness center at the YMCA on Bald Ridge Road, which has both free-weights and cardio machines for members who want to work out under the supervision
- A walking trail along Apple Tree Way that stretches five miles from North Carolina Highway 74 near Reedy Lake Park to South College Street near the elementary school
- A public pool at Reedy Lake park where residents can swim laps or splash around during hot summer days
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park is America’s most visited national park, with over 9 million visitors each year! The park offers campgrounds for tents or RVs; cabins available for rent; horseback riding trails; trout fishing streams; guided walks through wildlife refuges; picnic facilities like tables and grills; gift shops selling souvenirs like t-shirts and hats (if you’re looking for one-of-a-kind gifts).
Hope Mills is a great place to retire. It’s a small town with lots of history and charm. You’ll be able to enjoy all the benefits of living in this small town while also getting the perks of being close enough to big cities like Charlotte, NC, or Raleigh/Durham for day trips or weekend trips getaways.