Residents of assisted living communities are given a large variety of senior living floor plans that they can pick to match their personal preferences. If you are seeking quality assisted living for yourself or an older loved one, it is important to pick the most ideal assisted living floor plan in Holly Springs, NC to ensure you get to lead a comfortable retirement. Here is what you can expect from assisted living communities and the different accommodations that they offer.
Features of Assisted Living Floor Plans
When evaluating the floor plans of various retirement communities, it is crucial to keep a number of key considerations in mind. On a larger scale, you should consider the community’s general floor plan. Does the building have community program spaces, dining areas, and medical care rooms on one end and apartments or suites on the other? Or does the configuration disperse the senior apartment homes around the building and centralize the latter features?
When it comes to individual senior apartment floor plans, you should consider everything from the room’s layout and size to the windows, where it is located in the building, and whether or not you wish to keep pets. For instance, if you have mobility issues, a higher-floor room away from the community’s hub could be more challenging.
Even with elevators and wheelchair accessibility, living in an apartment or room far from major amenities makes it difficult to participate in community events or even go out to dine. Do not forget to account for the environment in addition to these factors. Does the floor plan look more like a hospital room or a real house to you? It is necessary to take into account anything that comes to mind. You need and want to feel at ease every single day, not inconvenienced.
Questions to Ask About Assisted Living Floor Plans
Do not be afraid to ask a senior living advisor about the different senior living floor plans while you tour a retirement community. Here are some questions you can ask:
- What variety of floor plans are offered?
- Are there multiple-bedroom floor plans? What about resident suites?
- Are there kitchens or kitchenettes in every room?
- Is every room private? Do restrooms count?
- Where do available rooms lie in relation to the community’s overall floor plan?
- Are there washing facilities?
- Are wheelchairs or electric scooters allowed in all floor plans?
- Is there extra storage space available if the room is too tiny to fit furniture and other household items?
- Can I modify my suite or apartment?
- Are there any on-site guest rooms? (If you reside in a separate state from where your kids do)
Assisted Living Floor Plans in Holly Springs, NC
Every senior apartment home in assisted living communities often comes fully-equipped with the latest fixtures and top-class appliances. Hence, residents can pack light and be ready to settle down right away. Residents are free to select from the following options to suit their personal needs and preferences:
- 252 sqft one-bathroom suite
- 168 sqft one-bathroom suite
- 170 sqft shared bathroom suite