Moving into an assisted living community is exciting, especially more so as retirement communities allow residents to maintain their independence and enjoy the things they love while getting the care and support they need.
Retirement communities offer a comprehensive range of care services all under one roof. Assisted Living and Memory Care are all included in this. These retirement communities are a great option because if your loved ones are thinking of switching to a new level of care while in a retirement community, they won’t have to move since everything they need will be available.
Before you tour a retirement community, here is a helpful guide of questions to ask when touring assisted living apartments in Cramer Mountain, NC!
Care Services Questions
It is crucial to pick an assisted living community that will give your loved ones the expert and compassionate care they require. To guarantee that residents can complete their daily living activities, the assisted living community should provide them with high-quality care. Additionally, you must comprehend the variations among each level of care if you are thinking of continuing care for your loved ones. The following are some questions to ask:
- How many team members does the community have?
- Which kind of training do the team members receive?
- Do the team members possess degrees or certificates?
- Does the team work around the clock?
- Can team members give out medication?
- Does the community have a doctor on-site?
- Is the community inspected and licensed?
- Is your loved one always entrusted with the same caregiver?
- Does the community provide end-of-life care or hospice?
Most retirement communities include a range of dining options and meal plans. Learning more about these meal plans will enable you to determine the kind of dining programs that your loved ones prefer.
- How many meals a day are provided? Is there a menu?
- Whom will your loved ones be sitting with during meals?
- Can your loved ones make changes or adjustments to your meal?
- What meals are included in a nutrition plan?
- What type of restaurants are available? (Private, Casual/Bistro, Dining Room, To-Go)
- If there are special events, does the community offer private dining?
The level of social interaction among residents in assisted living communities is important. The majority of people will focus on a community’s care, food, and prices, but it is crucial to make sure that there are activities, events, and outings to keep your loved ones social, as this is crucial for their well-being.
- Does the community’s monthly calendar of activities change?
- Is there any plan for activities outside the community?
- How do residents get involved in activities?
- What does the timetable look like for activities? (Request a copy.)
Discover Exceptional Senior Living at TerraBella Cramer Mountain
Want to live independently but require extra assistance with daily living activities? TerraBella Cramer Mountain is the best choice for your loved ones! In our Assisted Living community, we provide an array of resort-style amenities and exclusive senior living programs that caters to every need of our residents. Our knowledgeable and expert team members are prepared to assist your loved ones with anything they require. For more information, contact us today!