If you or a loved one is having a little bit of trouble with activities of daily living, it might be time to consider a move to a Personal Care home. In these communities, residents experience the assistance they need while still being encouraged to remain as independent as possible, for as long as possible. Frequently, the situation presented in an atmosphere such as this is far healthier for the individual involved where both mind and body are concerned.
Retirement communities offer the following:
- Nutritious and delicious meals are served
- There are scheduled celebrations, activities, and events
- Concierge and transportation services are frequently provided
- Maintenance and housekeeping crews are there to assist residents
- Programs that promote spiritual, mental, and physical health are offered
- … and more
Communities such as these provide the opportunity for residents to retire in style. That said, however, those in their golden years can sometimes need a bit of a boost to achieve a more positive attitude on life. That’s actually true for everyone, not just retirees.
Including a lower heart disease risk, improved immunity, and stress reduction, positive thinking offers numerous benefits. It may, in fact, lead to a longer life! Regarding aging and optimism, researchers believe many rewards can be reaped when there is a decided focus on a positive frame of mind.
Live Longer and Prosper
A study done in 2019 determined that those engaging in positive thinking might enjoy as much as a 15% better chance of making it to or past the age of 85. Longevity is clearly affected by not only your physical health, but how you perceive aging. Keep in mind that, to some extent, other factors including health status, depression, income, and gender may also affect longevity.
Other positive thinking benefits include the following:
- As you age, you find deeper insight.
- Your resiliency to illness, stress, and more improves if you age with a positive attitude.
- You may find yourself looking forward to aging if you view the big picture with a positive frame of mind.
Embracing Positive Thinking
Here are some ways in which you can make a conscious effort toward embracing the power of positive thinking:
- Find other positive thinkers and regularly associate yourself with them.
- Practice meditation and loving kindness.
- Positive affirmations should be repeated as often as needed.
- Keep a journal to write about your gratitude and love of life.
Checkout Our Assisted Living Community In Sewanee, GA
We offer an Independent Living community, a Memory Care program, Skilled Nursing, and more. Our Personal Care community – also referred to as Assisted Living – may be perfect for your loved one. If they are having a bit of trouble executing activities of daily living (ADLs), we are here for you. Our knowledgeable, skilled care team will see to it that your loved one gets all the attention they need while still encouraging as much independence as possible.
We have numerous amenities and programs to assist in not only promoting but maintaining both mental and physical health and wellness. Whether you’re interested in a one or two bedroom layout, we have a variety of floor plans from which to choose – depending on which of our communities will serve your needs best.
If you have specific questions regarding sales and leasing, please contact us at 470-207-3392. With general questions, feel free to speak to one of our representatives at 770-232-3008. You can also use our convenient online form to communicate with us.
The best way to see, for yourself, all we have to offer is to schedule a tour. We look forward to seeing you.