There are special retirement communities around and in Lawrenceville, GA that concentrate on caring for those who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, dementia, etc. Frequently referred to as Memory Care programs, these communities place a unique emphasis on the precise care needed for those with cognitive ailments.
Why You Need Memory Care
If you have a relative who has been diagnosed with some type of dementia, you, your family, and your loved one would all benefit from them making the move to one of these communities. Granted, you probably want to care for your loved one for as long as possible. Truth be told, however, even if you can adequately care for them right now, very soon, you may not be able to do so. A lot of challenges and obstacles get in the way, as well as emotion and frustration.
You, your family, and your loved one would all thrive and enjoy life more if that loved one were given the opportunity to reside in a community specializing in Memory Care. It’s time for you to devote yourself to your family, your home, your job, your friends, etc. Let the caring professionals of a Memory Care community remove your burden. You’ll sleep better at night and your loved one will be cared for in the best way possible.
Activities Keep Minds Engaged
The following activities are both fun and engaging. With participation in these, your loved one’s cognitive abilities may improve, and will be maintained as much as possible:
- Activities are geared toward the specific time of day and to the present abilities of each resident.
- On a one-to-one basis, or in small groups, purpose driven activities are engaged in.
- The attention span of each resident is matched with appropriate opportunities.
- Activities are offered which are age-appropriate for the individual, failure free, and noncompetitive.
Memory Care Benefits
Your loved one will live a happier and healthier life in a Memory Care community. A definite impact will be experienced through the following:
- Stimulating mental activity and physical exercise are promoted.
- In all ADLs (activities of daily living), active participation is encouraged and assistance is offered.
- Every small success is celebrated one at a time.
- The care team will help your loved one maintain religious and social contacts.
- Rather than focusing on limitations, the focus is the individual’s strengths.
Your Dementia-Diagnosed Loved One Can Thrive In Our Memory Care Program
Though we offer Independent Living, Personal Care, and more, if your loved one has been diagnosed with dementia, Alzheimer’s, etc., we have a special program just for them – our SHINE Memory Care community. We understand the trials and difficulties that families with loved ones with dementia face every day. That’s why we offer this award-winning program.
Thanks to our program, if your loved one has been diagnosed with a cognitive ailment, they will be able to receive 24/7 care as needed while still being encouraged to enjoy their independence as much as possible. Each plan is personalized for the unique needs of the individual, so your loved one will always maintain as high a level of health and wellness as possible.
If you have specific questions regarding sales and leasing, please contact us at 470-207-3392. With general questions, feel free to speak to one of our representatives at 770-232-3008. You can also use our convenient online form to communicate with us.
The best way to see, for yourself, all we have to offer is to schedule a tour. We look forward to seeing you.