Receiving a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia can be a difficult time, for you or a loved one. Whilst it is normal to experience an amplitude of emotions, coming in terms with the condition will help you move forward and cope with the challenges ahead. It might not be an easy task to devise a care plan to keep your loved one safe and healthy for the longest possible. However, resources that can help you discover new ways to live life with dignity and independence may be nearer than you think.
An experienced memory care community offers many benefits to support the unique needs of memory-impaired elderly. Through enriching programs and stimulating activities, the approach aims to help residents maintain their quality of life as long as possible. If you are looking for memory care apartment homes in Southern Pines, NC, read on to find out more.
Choosing the Ideal Memory Care Living Community
With so much divergence in amenities, accommodation options, lifestyle programs, and surrounding environment, deciding on the ideal memory care living community can be daunting. A good way to start is to go through this essential checklist:
- Needs and Priorities. Finding suitable care starts with identifying how much help your loved one needs. For example, does your loved one need help with daily bathing, dressing, or eating? Or does your loved one need help in medication management? If that’s the case, it is important to ascertain if the memory care team is capable of assisting day and night.
- Amenities and Features. While there is no scientific cure for dementia yet, effective programs and lifestyle amenities can help your loved one live a fulfilling life as long as possible. Thus, knowing what the living community can offer is essential.
- Competent Community Team. Caring for the elderly with dementia can be complicated. Besides understanding dementia behaviors, the community team should be composed of skilled team members who are devoted to helping your loved one thrive, not just to survive.
- Safe and Secure Accommodation. Safety is a priority concern for families looking for dementia care. Memory care safety measures are particularly important to avoid wandering, a common but dangerous dementia behavior. Look out for emergency alert systems, enclosed courtyards, round-the-clock supervised care on the campus. In the apartment, there should be features such as safe room layout, distress call buttons, adequate lightings, anti-slip flooring, and low grab bars.
Memory Care Apartment Homes at TerraBella Southern Pines
All memory care apartments at our pet-friendly campus feature elderly-adapted kitchenettes, individual climate control settings, easy-to-navigate bathrooms, and emergency call systems with your loved one’s safety and convenience in mind. Here are our 3 warmly furnished memory care apartment options at TerraBella Southern Pines.
- Lakeside Suite – 178 square feet
- Sandhill Suite – 272 square feet
- Palmetto One Bedroom Apartment – 387 square feet
At TerraBella Southern Pines, we have been the trusted care partner for many families. With our comprehensive amenities and unique holistic memory care approach, residents with dementia in our community live richer and satisfying lifestyles. You might wrestle with feelings of guilt from reaching out for help, but it’s highly impossible to replicate the professional care that an expert team can provide for your loved one. An early placement can make life better for you or your loved one.