Assisted living is a form of accommodation for adults who require varying degrees of medical and personal care. In general, assisted living communities provide a home-like environment and are physically structured to support the resident’s freedom. Services are available to help individuals with day-to-day activities. If you are considering assisted living for yourself or a loved one, read on to learn more about what it entails.
About Assisted Living
Assisted living is a type of senior living option that offers a level of care that independent living communities do not. Assisted living communities are primarily focused on senior care, which can range from health care to personal care. It is a long-term care option for many older adults. However, it is also accessible for short-term stays following medical procedures.
Assisted living communities are meant to assist older adults with their everyday activities. Feeding, medication administration, cleaning, washing, and mobility are examples of these tasks. If you or a family member is experiencing difficulties with these activities, this might be an indication that assisted living is a viable option. Team members in assisted living communities are trained to supervise and help residents. Depending on the level of care provided, the community may also provide professional nursing care and medical services on-site.
Assisted Living Services
Assisted living communities generally provide everything that independent living communities provide, in addition to meals, snacks, a communal dining area, and other facilities. The emphasis is on the additional care that some residents require.
Here are some of the typical services provided in assisted living:
- Recreational and social activities
- Medical services
- 24/7 emergency care
- Personal care, such as bathing, feeding, and dressing
- Medication management
- 1 to 3 meals a day
What to Consider in an Assisted Living Community?
Here are some questions you or your loved ones should ask when evaluating an assisted living community:
- Can a resident manage their own finances with assistance?
- What are the policies for billing, payment, and credit?
- Are there any corporate, private, or government programs available to help residents afford the cost of assisted living?
- Are there any additional services available should the resident’s needs change?
- What is the refund policy?
- What is the policy on visitors?
- What steps do they take in the event of a medical emergency?
- What kind of personal property insurance does the community have?
- Is the assisted living community licensed?
Choose TerraBella Northridge
Superior care, amenities, services, and our exclusive senior living programs are what we provide to create a comfortable and safe environment for our residents. The assisted living option at TerraBella Northridge may be ideal for those who prefer living independently but might benefit from some extra support with daily living activities. With TerraBella Northridge, families will have crucial peace of mind knowing that our experienced team members are guaranteeing their loved ones’ health and happiness, as well as meeting their daily requirements.