1 in 5 seniors today own wearable technology for health monitoring. A smartwatch or fitness tracker can offer a sense of independence and confidence to the elderly as they go about their daily activities. These devices can easily help track information that once would have necessitated a complete physical exam, giving you results instantly. The information stored in these devices is also useful for physicians and doctors to review so that they know how to best improve the health of patients in their golden years. Here are some of our favorite wearable technology for seniors.
The Apple Watch can help you keep to your fitness goals and provide updates on your health. It is available in different models, and features include:
- An app to track blood oxygen levels
- Notifications to inform wearers when their heart rates are too high or low
- Notifications to inform wearers if their heart rhythm is irregular
- A sleep monitor
- Fall detection
Most Apple Watches also offer cellular availability so that their wearers can easily make calls and send or reply to messages.
The Fitbit Sense tracks physical activities and provides the following information:
- A Daily Readiness Score. This reveals when in a day is the best for you to exercise, and when is best for you to rest.
- Information on exercise, heart rate, and sleep quality.
- An app that senses the body’s response to stress. This app also provides mindfulness suggestions and guided breathing sessions so that you or your loved ones can help manage stress levels.
- A Health Metric dashboard, which keeps track of blood oxygen levels, breathing rate, skin temperature, and the variability of heart rate.
- An ECG to help you track any heart rhythm irregularities.
We like that the Fitbit Watch not only tracks your physical activities, it also provides you with workable suggestions to help manage tension and stress.
Omron provides a range of blood pressure monitoring devices so that you can pick what works best for your needs. Their HeartGuide wrist watch provides clinically accurate and real-time blood pressure readings. This allows you to be able to understand how your immediate lifestyle choices can affect your heart health. We like this as it helps you understand what habits you should curb or develop for optimal health. The HeartGuide wristwatch also helps you view trends over time and receive customized insights. This is great for physicians, who can use this information to help understand what works best for you or your loved one’s daily health habits.
UnaliWear Kaneaga Watch
This smartwatch is voice-controlled and features reminders to take your medication. It also provides fall detection services. Its users can speak to emergency response operators at all times of the day. It is waterproof and has spare batteries which allow it to be worn 24/7. All of these features make it great for those in their golden years.
Monitor Your Health Regularly
Wearable technology is a great way to monitor your or your loved one’s health and develop healthy habits. They provide the support that helps you enjoy your golden years. TerraBella Roswell’s Assisted Living program is also crafted with the health of our residents in mind, making sure that they have the necessary support and care to enjoy each day to the full.