This Capital City Boasts Plenty of Downhome, Southern Charm
The Palmetto State has it all: Mountains, midlands, and miles of sandy beaches, historic sites, and sweeping recreational options—everything from horse racing, museums, and war re-enactments to nature trails and world-class golf.
Columbia, a proud capital city, offers a unique blend of rich tradition amidst a fresh, modern feel.
While the city of Columbia is known to be a hub for business, innovation, and government, it is also an ideal spot to enjoy a variety of delicious cuisine, music, arts, outdoors, and sports. Local attractions include Lake Murray, often referred to by locals as the “Jewel of South Carolina”. There, you can enjoy many fun activities like fishing, golf, and even the state’s one and only inland waterfall. The University of South Carolina is also located nearby, where art and major college sports await all year round.
Apart from that, Columbia is home to the Town Theatre, the United State’s oldest historic community theatre built in 1924 that still operates today, as well as Segra Park, where the Columbia Fireflies play their home games during the baseball season, and Fort Jackson, which is home to the United States Army’s Basic Combat Training.
Throughout the whole of South Carolina, the landscape is lined with small towns and cities that epitomize Southern Charm. Rich in history and stately architecture, it is no surprise Columbia remains a well-known travel destination to many. Meanwhile, other nearby areas like Lexington adds a touch of home, all the more reasons to call the Columbia area home.
Points of Interest & Area Landmarks Include:
Arts And Entertainment
- Columbia’s Children’s Theatre(approximately 12.5 miles)
- Columbia’s Art Museum (approximately 14.5 miles)
- South Carolina State Museum(approximately 14.8 miles)
- Trustus Theatre(approximately 15.3 miles)
- South Carolina’s Railroad Museum(24.0 miles)
- Sesquicentennial State Park(approximately 3.2 miles)
- Spur at Northwoods (Golf Club)(approximately 7.2 miles)
- The South Carolina’s State House(approximately 14.8 miles)
- Columbia Canal And Riverfront Park(approximately 16.0 miles)
- EdVenture’s Museum for Children(approximately 16.5 miles)
- Riverbanks Zoo And Garden(approximately 17.3 miles)
- The Frankie Fun Park(approximately 21.1 miles)
- Congaree National Park(approximately 24.4 miles)
Shopping And Dining
- Sparkleberry Square(approximately 1.6 miles)
- Columbia Place Mall(approximately 3.0 miles)
- Trenholm Plaza(approximately 11.2 miles)
- Soda City Market(approximately 11.6 miles)
- Cross Hill’s Market(approximately 13.5 miles)
- Devine Street(approximately 13.9 miles)
- The Vista(approximately 14.3 miles)
- Rosewood Drive(approximately 14.7 miles)
- Five Points(approximately 15.2 miles)
- Columbiana Centre(approximately 21.0 miles)
For Medical Needs
- Prisma Health Richland Hospital(approximately 13.7 miles)
- William Jennings Bryan Dorn’s VA Medical Center(approximately 14.6 miles)
- Medical Centerat Lexington (approximately 19.0 miles)
Transportation And Public Transit