When it comes to choosing a senior living community in Claremont, NC, we understand that it can be a tough decision for many people. However, our team members here at TerraBella Lake Norman are confident that we are one of the best senior living communities that you can choose for making the most of your golden years. One of the key reasons why we are so sure of this is because of the area that we have decided to build our grounds on.
Located in the county of Catawba in North Carolina, Claremont was initially given the name ‘Claremount’ by the villagers in the early 1800s – The ‘mount’ that came after ‘Clare’ was a tribute to their village that loomed like a majestic mountain when viewed from the side of the old Catawba Road. In 1892, the city became officially known as Claremont.
Recreational Parks in Claremont
- Claremont City Park: As a beautiful public park, it is conveniently located within the city limits and has accessible amenities for picnics and playground equipment. On top of this, there are walking trails and paved walking paths for those who want to get some exercise in.
- Connor Park: If you are interested in hiking, this is a great place to get lost in the beautiful sights of nature. There are many trails for you to explore. However, take note that this may not be suitable for the full family as there are no amenities like playgrounds for younger children.
Popular Arts & Entertainment in Claremont
- Bunker Hill Covered Bridge: As one of two rare, covered bridges that are left in the state of North Carolina and the only one of the wooden bridges left that were constructed with Haupt truss construction, it is a unique National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark that you can visit on a beautiful day.
- Claremont Museum of Art: This organization aims to promote the arts through different events and exhibitions that are related to the artistic legacy of the community. On top of this, there are also art education programs that are designed for schools within the schools. On top of this, the museum itself is established in the Claremont Depot, bringing it to life once again.
Recommended Dining and Shopping Outlets in Claremont
- Valley Crossing: If you are planning to enjoy a great day of shopping and delicious meals, Valley Crossing is a popular shopping destination that houses many major brands and comes with different amenities. On top of this, it is within walking distance of the Valley Hills Malls – convenient for those who wish to continue their shopping marathon.
- Marely’s Pizza: If you plan to get the best pizza options in town, this is a crowd favorite! On top of this, they also now serve Mexican food for a greater variety. If you are planning to enjoy a comfortable night in, this restaurant also offers takeout and delivery.
Why Choose TerraBella Lake Norman?
For our residents here in TerraBella Lake Norman, our dedicated team members offer round-the-clock support with all activities of daily life, as well as a wide range of programs and services that serve to improve and enhance the quality of wellbeing in all facets of their lives.
To learn more about our exclusive senior living programs at TerraBella Lake Norman, contact us or schedule a tour to visit our beautiful grounds today!