Have you ever talked to your loved one and suddenly they cannot remember what both of you are talking about? Or maybe you walked into a room and suddenly you forget why you went in the first place? You went blank and no matter how hard you try to remember, you just cannot do it. Not to worry as this is common among those who are aging, as your brain might be experiencing sensory overload. If you have experienced this again and again, then you or your loved one might be suffering from a form of memory loss. Memory loss-related diseases have many different types of symptoms. When you reach a certain age, you will be concerned about your mental health a lot more than before, and the best way the better understand these memory loss symptoms is to know the warning signs.
What are the Warning Signs That You Need to Take Note Of?
There are many warning signs that you or your loved one can experience before it leads to memory loss diseases. Memory loss symptoms can lead to dementia or Alzheimer’s so it is very important that you or your loved one truly understand and educate yourself. Simple preventive steps can help to reduce the chances of developing these memory loss symptoms so that you can have more time to spend with your family. Below are just some of the many warning signs you or your loved one should take note of.
- When you have problems with visual images: the earliest symptom of memory loss is that you will develop vision problems. You will notice that you will have problems with judging distance and determining contrast and color.
- When you have problems with writing or speaking: early stages of Alzheimer’s patients will develop speaking or writing problems. This, in turn, will make you or your loved one struggle to talk to people, even with family members.
- When you misplace things and are unable to retrace steps: you will notice that you misplace things around the house and even cannot remember what you were doing five minutes ago.
- When you have poor judgment: everybody makes mistakes but if you notice that you have been making a lot of mistakes recently then it might be a symptom of memory loss.
- When you have difficulty solving problems: maybe you realize that you have not been able to follow simple recipes or keep track of monthly expenses.
- When you confuse the time and place: forgetting the time and day might be common to all but if you are constantly losing track of time or you cannot remember where you are then it is best that you consult a doctor.
Treat Memory Loss Symptoms with TerraBella Southern Pines
The more you age, the more we become “set in our ways” but sometimes we have to understand that it is important we know how to prevent memory loss symptoms from developing with early detection. Here at TerraBella Southern Pines, we focus on memory loss programs that are suitable for residents who are suffering from memory loss diseases. Schedule a tour with us so that you and your loved ones can get better care in our community.