Assisted living communities are not regulated on a national level, thus there may be some differences in the types of care in assisted living as well as the standards that are delivered from community to community. For instance, some states make it mandatory for team members of assisted living communities to undergo more than 24 hours of training, whilst other states may not have any training requirements. However, there are still certain standard services offered in assisted living communities in general.
Personal Care Services
Residents of assisted living communities enjoy personal care services for their daily living activities such as the following:
- Medication management
On top of personal care services, assisted living residents also enjoy on-site amenities such as the following:
- Catered dining
- Scheduled transportation
- Laundry services
- Planned activities
Services and Amenities in Assisted Living Communities
Assisted living communities today have taken retirement to a whole new level. Many offer a broad array of on-site amenities to make sure that residents feel entertained and comfortable throughout their stay. Some assisted living communities offer basic amenities whereas others may provide more advanced services to create a resort-style living environment.
- Nursing Staff: Registered nurses and nursing assistants are available around the clock to render medical care and to respond to emergency situations.
- Emergency Call System: Wireless alert systems that enable residents to easily call for help from their apartment or bathroom.
- Transportation: Scheduled transportation is offered to let residents travel outside of the community with ease and in safety for their church services, doctor’s appointments, grocery shopping, and other errands.
- Concierge Service: Front desk team that is available 24/7 to assist with residents’ arrangement requests like making an online inquiry, making phone calls, and more.
- Salon/Barbershop: Residents can maintain their personal grooming on site through professional salon or barbershop services.
- Social Activities and Events: Residents can participate in activities and events that are pre-planned to help them stay socially engaged, physically active, and mentally stimulated. Communities organize cultural performances, day excursions, celebrations, and more.
- Wellness Program: This program helps residents to maintain their physical fitness, nutritional needs, and overall well-being through professional advice and consultation.
- Gym/Fitness Room: Residents can make use of exercise equipment or participate in fitness classes facilitated by professional trainers. Some communities also have a hot tub, sauna, or swimming pool.
- Computer Room: A room that is equipped with various technological peripherals like computers and printers to enable residents to connect with others and obtain various resources.
- Laundry and Linen Services: Residents can have fresh clothes every day to help them maintain good hygiene for positive well-being. The services often operate on a regular schedule or a drop-off basis.
- Wi-Fi: Wireless internet access lets residents stay in touch with their friends and family as well as have access to online resources for knowledge and entertainment.