If you’re looking for independent living apartments in Columbus, GA, you’re in luck. There are plenty of options to choose from. However, it can be difficult to figure out which one will be best for your needs.
These apartments typically include amenities such as pools, workout areas, and more. The monthly rent can be less than what you’d pay at an assisted living community but still offer some services if they’re needed (like housekeeping or medicine management).
This type of living is also remarkably affordable when compared to other senior living options that require an individual to move out of their home completely. If you’d like your own apartment but would like some help with daily tasks like transportation or light housekeeping, then this may be the best choice for you!
That’s why we’ve put together this guide to help you make an informed decision and find the best senior living community in Columbus!
Why Should I Choose To Live In An Independent Living Community?
In your retirement, you deserve the best. You have worked hard and saved for years to live comfortably and independently in your later years. Independent living communities offer a low-maintenance lifestyle that promotes independence, freedom and peace of mind.
You May Want To Consider Living In An Independent Living Community If:
- You want to live independently but need some assistance from time-to-time with daily tasks such as cooking or cleaning.
- You are tired of having a yard full of weeds and grass that you have no time or energy to maintain yourself anymore.
- You don’t want the stress of worrying about repairs or paying high utility bills on top of your regular monthly expenses like groceries, entertainment or cable TV costs!
- Security features that are built into these communities help also keep both residents and visitors safe by providing state-of-the-art surveillance equipment as well as professional security guards who monitor the premises 24 hours per day. Maintenance issues can be addressed quickly so that no one has to suffer from broken appliances or faulty plumbing for long periods of time before someone comes out to fix them.
- Convenience of living in a community. Residents can take advantage of the numerous amenities that are offered at these communities, including social interaction with other residents, access to transportation and dining options, housekeeping services and laundry facilities. Additionally, some seniors may need assistance with healthcare needs or meal preparation; senior independent living apartments often offer this type of support through on-site staff members who work as caregivers or personal assistants.
What Are The Costs Of Independent Living Apartments In Columbus, GA?
The cost of an independent living apartment in Columbus varies depending on the size and location of the unit. However, most units range from $600 to $1,200 per month. This price includes all of the amenities that are offered in the community, such as a fitness center, pool, and clubhouse.
One thing to keep in mind is that costs can vary depending on the time of year. During peak seasons, such as summer or winter break, prices may be higher than usual. Be sure to ask about seasonal rates before signing a lease.
Another thing to consider is whether you want furnished or unfurnished space. Furnished apartments usually come with basic furniture, like a bed and couch. Unfurnished spaces require you to bring your own furniture or rent it from the apartment complex. This can add an extra layer of cost to your monthly expenses.
Finally, don’t forget about utility costs. Most apartments include water, trash, and heat in the rent, but you may have to pay for electricity, cable, and internet. You should also ask about parking. Many apartments have reserved parking spaces, but some don’t so you’ll need to factor that into your decision.
What to Look for in an Independent Living Community
When you’re choosing your next home, it’s important to consider your needs. One of the best ways to do this is by comparing different independent living communities in Columbus and what they offer. When looking at various options, ask yourself:
- How many floors does the building have?
- Does it have elevator access?
- Do the units come with washer/dryer hookups?
- Are there any shared amenities like exercise rooms or swimming pools?
- Are there private balconies/patios available for each unit?