As we age, it is normal for us to experience a decline in our health. Whether it involves our physical or mental health, certain aspects of our wellbeing will be adversely implicated to a certain degree. For some older adults, getting around is no longer a privilege due to poor eyesight, reduced mobility, and others. At an independent living community, things can change for the better. There are many amenities to be enjoyed right on site to provide optimal convenience to residents. Find out how the programs in independent living in Huntersville, NC can provide residents who do not drive improved freedom.
Complimentary Transportation Service
At an independent living community, residents are given access to complimentary transportation right on site. There are regular scheduled trips to and from town to make it more convenient for residents to go for their doctor’s appointments, worship services, and other personal errands. If the scheduled trips do not coincide with their personal plans for the day, residents are free to arrange with the concierge in advanced for a personal trip. Here’s how complimentary transportation service lets independent living residents enjoy greater freedom:
- Residents get to explore local attractions with fellow neighbors, visiting galleries, museums, and other sites of interest. If you are new to the city, this opportunity lets you pursue your interests and explore new hobbies. This is part of the range of senior living activities offered at an independent living community, letting residents go on outdoor excursions to engage their mind and keep their body active.
- You can go shopping and try out new food with the group. Independent living simply translates to simply enabling you to explore what nearby vicinities have to offer you. You will have access to plenty of social and recreational opportunities while having assistance with transportation.
- Getting to medical appointments is highly crucial to help you maintain your health. With complimentary transportation, you will not have to miss another screening or consultation. Personal drivers will make sure you can reach your appointment right on schedule and a timely reminder will also be sent to you by the concierge.
- Being driven by licensed professionals simply means that you can relax in each trip. Regardless of the weather and road conditions, the experienced drivers will ensure your safety throughout the destination. You do not have to worry over slippery roads, poorly-lit streets, confusing street directions, and other risk factors.
- Independent living communities operate their own fleet of vehicles. This means that residents are not required to fuss over costly vehicle maintenance, rising gas costs, and tedious parking. Residents can simply hop onto any scheduled trips and drop off at their designated location with ease.
Moving to Independent Living
There are plenty of benefits of moving to independent living and one of them is to have access to daily transportation. Whether you need assistance to get around town or looking to explore the new city, complimentary transportation provides you with the convenience of commute. You have the chance to travel to where you need to be in comfort and safety under the supervision of experienced licensed drivers.