The Midlands of South Carolina draws tourists from all over America (and internationally) as there are many appealing reasons to live here. Here are some of the best ways to enjoy Lake Murray.
Our Top Reasons for Lake Living in South Carolina
- Get closer to civilization or art or further from urban areas (based on the sides of the lakes you stay in).
- Ballentine, Lexington, or Chapin (any district within Lake Murray) have some of the top educational districts from the district of SC.
- Choose a cozy small pool or more giant
- Median working property taxes in SC are affordable at around 0.55%, contrasted with the nationwide median of 1.07%. (From Lexington County, you might anticipate a median county property tax rate of about 0.56% in 2021.)
- Winters are less frosty, contrasting with many of our sister states to the north. Also, though many are at a lower altitude than Greenville, SC, we seldom get snow and often don’t wade in under 30 degrees at length.
- Most luxury lake-accessed neighborhoods hold resort-style parks, amenities, swimming pools, hiking paths, green foliage, or warm Southern hospitality.
- Access world-class golf lessons or country clubs in Lake Murray close by.
- Explore 90 miles of close riverways to tube, boat, or fish. Or hop onto river passages in town to stroll or jog beside the river streams.
- Tour the lush state parks or trails for extra outdoor recreation chances, featuring the highly scenic routes as Saluda Shoals Park beside the Lake Murray Dam.
- While Lake Murray remains an artificial lake and holds a hydroelectric dam (while the plant is not functioning now), it will not pose flooding hazards compared to natural lakes. Once the lake level rises too fast, the electric firm requires water to flow into the Saluda River to stop flooding near the big lake.
The Scenic Parks at Lake Murray
Dreher Island State Park
This is one top-rated vacation spot destination for tourists to rest in rooms, stay in tents, or just travel during the day. It offers:
Several of the top streaked or big-mouth bass fishing areas:
Lake Murray Dam Park Walkway/Sites (held by Dominion Energy) is a tremendous public area to run or stroll in to view one of the highly scenic reserves in South Carolina.
Park from the Lexington part of the Dreher Shoals Dam near Hwy 6 to savor the open “beach” link to Lake Murray or to walk 1.7 miles (one way) spanning the full grassy dam in which you can gradually watch a panoramic view of Lake Murray from one end and urban Columbia 11 miles apart on the far end.
Alternatively, park at the Irmo end of the dam to get to open boat parking, picnic grass, toilets, fishing dock space, or the dam passages.
Waterfront Restaurants on Lake Murray
Interested in finding out the top cafes on Lake Murray? Several of you may hold some docks so you can travel by boat from your lake house to the cafe by the sea.
Come on in for a great time of food, fun, and live entertainment at this seasonal restaurant. Check out the events available in the spring and summer on their Facebook page.
Spirit of Lake Murray
The Spirit of Lake Murray provides tours of Lake Murray and dinner cruises. It can hold up to 134 passengers and is a beautiful venue for reunions, birthday parties, weddings, or business meetings.