If your loved one is going to retire near Chapel Hill, NC, you’ll be delighted to know that this beautiful town is never short of activities for older adults to engage themselves in. Read on to learn the thrilling new adventures that they can look forward to in their retirement years and some recommendations for them to visit.
Enjoying the Great Outdoors
Taking a step outside is always a breath of fresh air during one’s retirement period. Not only does being surrounded by nature serve as a refreshing break from staying cooped up at home, but it also provides benefits to the aging body. In fact, walking is good for aging brains in the same way it is for aging bodies. Furthermore, parks allow for other outdoor activities such as picnicking and fishing, allowing your loved one to indulge in group-friendly social fun.
A good outdoor garden for your loved ones to enjoy:
- North Carolina Botanical Garden: A garden operated by and part of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus. This is a beautiful botanical retreat your loved one is sure to appreciate, home to plant species native to North Carolina. A highlight of this garden is the Coker Arboretum, which highlights the natural beauty this town has to offer.
Hitting the Courses
Golf is an excellent sport for your loved ones to invest time in during their golden years. It encourages them to engage in physical exercise, strategic critical thinking, and social opportunities. North Carolina is home to enjoyable golf courses that’ll keep your loved one coming back for more!
Some golf courses to get into action:
- Chapel Hill Country Club: The country club is known for its outstanding customer service. The lush golf course itself makes for a compelling reason to sign up for a membership.
- UNC Finley Golf Course: This public course is for those who love a fair yet challenging game!
Supporting Local Sportsmen
If your loved one prefers to watch others play sports rather than participate in one themselves, North Carolina’s local sports scene is one to look out for! Your loved ones will love immersing themselves in the local sports games, and it’s the perfect way to get adjusted to living in Chapel Hill.
Sports attractions for sports enthusiasts to check out:
- Boshamer Stadium: A great stadium to catch a local game of baseball. The concession stands offer delicious food and beverage choices for your loved one to enjoy while being engrossed in a game.
- Carolina Basketball Museum: This museum is recommended even for those who aren’t basketball enthusiasts. Your loved one is sure to enjoy this comprehensive, well-organized presentation of the Carolina Tarheels’ basketball legacy. Moreover, if your loved one is a Michael Jordan fan, they’re in for a treat!
Embracing Their Artistic Side
If your loved one appreciates the arts, they’ll appreciate the celebration of culture in Chapel Hill, offering more than enough artistic experiences for them to explore.
A wonderful museum around North Carolina to explore:
- Ackland Art Museum: Housing over 16,000 artworks of various media forms, your artistic loved one would never pass up the chance to visit this interesting museum filled with diverse pieces!
Enjoying Resort-Style Retirement Life at TerraBella Hillsborough
If you’re looking for a stylish retirement community in North Carolina for your loved one, TerraBella Hillsborough is a perfect choice! They will get to enjoy complimentary transportation services to explore all there is to be offered by Chapel Hill. Learn more about our senior living options today for more details.