Baker Village is a friendly, welcoming community in Baker, GA. Our independent living residents—and their families—enjoy the many amenities that make this community special. If you’re considering moving to Baker Village, here are some critical facts about independent living communities in Baker Village, GA, that you should know:
Independent Living Offers A Greater Sense Of Community And Security
Independent living communities are designed for seniors who want to live independently but have a sense of community. These communities offer amenities, activities, and services that allow residents to enjoy the best of both worlds.
Residents at TerraBella Riverplace enjoy daily activities encouraging them to get out and be active in their community. There are numerous clubs and organizations for our residents, such as:
- The Dining Club
- The Fitness Club
- The Social Committee
These clubs include pool parties, bingo nights, and movie nights!
Fewer Restrictions And Red Tape
You no longer have to worry about household chores, yard work, or maintenance. You don’t have to worry about repairs and home maintenance as well.
You’re free from the red tape of dealing with contractors – you can enjoy your retirement without having to hire people for everything from fixing a leaky faucet to replacing cabinets in your kitchen.
A team of professionals will maintain your home—so all you have to do is enjoy its comfort and convenience. And if something breaks, that’s also someone else’s job!
Choose Your Living Space
When choosing a living space, consider the following:
- What activities do you enjoy? Do you spend your time going to shows and restaurants, staying in with a good book or movie, or going out to visit family and friends?
- How much do you have to spend on rent each month? Some communities charge based on income, while others charge by square footage. Ask about the cost of utilities to get an accurate idea of your monthly expenses.
- Where is the best location for your needs? If transportation is essential to getting around town safely and conveniently, look at properties near bus routes or nearby to walk when necessary.
- Will there be easy access from home directly into community amenities such as parks or shopping centers (if applicable)? This will make it convenient if someone with limited mobility wants easy access without having to drive themselves somewhere else first.
Amenities And Features Of An Independent Living Community
Amenities and features of an independent living community may include:
- A fitness center. This is often a gym where you can work out or get in a quick workout when you don’t have time to go to the gym.
- A theater will be either on-site or nearby so residents can enjoy movies and local events.
- A library with books, magazines, and newspapers available for residents who want to read. Libraries are also great places to meet new people!
Who Is Best Suited For An Independent Living Community?
An independent living community is an excellent option for people who want to live independently but still need assistance with day-to-day tasks. If you’re considering moving into an independent living community, there are a few things to consider before deciding.
- Do you want to stay in your current home?
- Are you looking for assisted living services or memory care services?
- Do you prefer being around others and being part of a community? Or would you prefer more privacy and space? These are just some questions that should be answered before moving into an independent living community.
If you’re looking for a place to retire or just want a little bit more freedom than living alone in an apartment, an independent living community might be right for you. You can still live independently while enjoying the benefits of being surrounded by other people and amenities like transportation, housekeeping services, or even meals prepared on-site!